Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2011, 06:30 AM
Senior User

Default Re: The Heather on the Hill

Hi Ralph,
"Brigadoon" has been a special favorite of mine since high school (which was a few years before retirement It's a fine love story, with a relevant sub-plot re-enforcing the central one. If suspense is not there from the beginning, it grows as the love story--with which the music has a lot to do--grows and leads to the ultimate question about the nature of love, and leaves plenty of room to wax philosophical. The music always seems so appropriate to situation, which may be part of its effect--except, as your arrangement shows, individual sections can be extracted successfully.

Sorry about your timpani. If you can use sound fonts, I'd be happy to send you a copy of Real Voice, which has the closest sound to a real voice that I've found. It's range is from bass to coloratura, with only problems being that gender identification is difficult around middle C and G5 for some reason is way too loud, so needs note velocity adjusted. It's the font I use for the soloists in "The Search for Nelly Gray," so a quick trip to Soundclick will give you a good idea of its sound. If you can use it, I will get a copy to you.

all best,
mgj