Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music > "Learning and Teaching" pieces

"Learning and Teaching" pieces Arrangements for helping aspiring musicians learn to play from sheet music.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2016, 07:19 PM

Default Star Trek Theme Duet

The theme from the “Star Trek” TV and subsequent movie series was written in 1966 by Alexander Courage.

I would be remiss if I were to produce a “Star Wars” duet, and not produce a “Star Trek” duet, so here it is.

Some of this piece is a reduction of Alexander Courage’s arrangement, and some is my own variation. I used available midi and mp3 files from the internet to capture the essence of the piece. My wife Cynthia and I had purchased a box set of the TV series, and in free time, we are playing through all of the episodes, one at a time. Therefore, the theme has very much been on our minds.

The Soprano part is a copy of the original theme, performed either by a soprano voice or a Theremin, and the counterplay by French Horns is in the Alto part.

The large comma you see above measure 35 indicates a brief pause – a separation before continuing.

As in many of my recent pieces, you can use Composer commands to display the lyrics (qsl) or the chords (qscn).

Ralph R. Rayner
Attached Files
File Type: not Star Trek Theme Duet.not (31.2 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by rrayner; 09-04-2016 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Updated Score for changed ending