Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2006, 02:50 AM
John Lank Moriarty (john_moriarty)

Default Hey Tim Mark and David, Th

Hey Tim Mark and David,
Thanks for all the advice, I took some of each and worked it into the piece. In the first lead in, I decided to use the 3/4 time signature with a new, non Oom-Pa-Pa feel to it thank goodness. (thanks for the octaves and ritardando idea David). Then in the second lead in I decided to use the 5/4 because it was defonitely led into by the melody. I think that in this part of the song it is not noticable that I'm am using 5/4 unless you count it. And yes, I completely agree david that when I write in five four meters I don't notice it untill the notation stage, like the five four bridge between the intro and the melody, I had no idea it was five four untill I got right down to counting. In the second time the lead in appeared I decided not to change the left hand because I messed around with some less 3/4ish things, but the 8th notes I think work well enough.

Heres what is now (but not for long most likely)the finished version:
<center><table border=1><tr><td>5/4 and 3/4 Mixed
song34n54.not (74.2 k)</td></tr></table></center>