Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2018, 01:50 PM

Default Re: It's Friday -- no, wait, it's Thursday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj View Post
Hi, all:

I thought I'd put this piece up for a Friday morning -- I know, it's Thursday, but it feels like Friday.

It's from my work-in-progress musical, The Diaries of Adam & Eve, which will hit the boards next April.

This number is from Act Two, after Cain has murdered Abel and been banished (no, it's really a funny show -- honest!). We need a few minutes for the actors playing Adam and Eve to be aged, so I came up with this number.

The text is from Genesis chapter 4 -- the "begats", which I always liked just because it's fun to say "Mahalaleel". And how many other lyricists have worked "Mahalaleel" and "Methusaleh" into one song?

I've been working with a Yamaha XG synth which gives me a really pounding bass and percussion section for this number. Running into the Notation Software synth, you may need to load a few different sound fonts before you get one that gives you a chest-thumping bass-line.

Enjoy.

David
The file is not opening in my system. Did it work for anyone else?