Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share news about music
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Share news about music Do you have some news about music that you'd like to share with others? Here's the place.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2011, 06:38 PM
Active User

Default Re: In Memoriam: Mark Walsen

Nearly at the other end of the world I had no opportunity to meet Mark.
After disppointed trying many different products to make notations for our club I stumbled accidentially over notation at the moment the one of the first beta's came available and was invited by Mark to be involved in suggest and test improvements. I became rapidly very much impressed by his great skills, ability to listen to all us beta testers and very structural approach to improve the product to one of the unique and best userfriendly music writing tool.

Although mostly technical working with Mark, the way working an communicating with him, made me feeling now to loose a very good friend.
I know the last year he was facing business and private difficulties and hoping and working hard towards positive times and conditions. It's really sad he could not continue that.

Apart from his great skills and knowledge as programmer, I much more feel we lost a great person, exellent working relationship, and very good friend.

I wish al strenght for his family members to overcome this much to early loss of your husband, and father. But also for Sherry who worked so intensively together with Mark, loosing her best friend and business partner.

Cheers

Jaap