Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Old 02-18-2006, 09:18 PM
D. V.

Default Hi, my name is Daniel. I j

Hi, my name is Daniel.

I just wanted to share a few samples(these aren't the only pieces I've composed) of my music and see what other people think about it. Please tell me what you think.

The first piece is my favorite self-composed piece. It's a short song for piano in Eb minor.
<center><table border=1><tr><td>Short piece in Eb minor
favorite.mid (5.3 k)</td></tr></table></center>

The next piece sounds (and is,) like a mix between the first and last movements of Beethoven's 17th sonata.
<center><table border=1><tr><td>Quasi Beethoven
inspiration.mid (2.5 k)</td></tr></table></center>

And here's a waltz for 1 piano 4 hands, in E minor.
<center><table border=1><tr><td>Waltz in E minor
waltz.mid (11.1 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Thanks.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:35 PM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello Daniel, These pieces

Hello Daniel,

These pieces show a lof of craftsmanship. The first and third have a Hungarian folk music feel.

I'm not sure what to make of the single Eb note sticking out at the end of favorite.mid, but it was a fun surprise.

Cheers
-- Mark
Old 02-19-2006, 07:14 AM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default Hi Daniel, All of these hav

Hi Daniel,

All of these have considerable melodic interest and are tightly structured. I find the length curious. While a composition can be the length it wants to be, these seem more statements of themes than fully realized pieces, especially the first and second, while the waltz seems a section of a waltz, still wanting, at least, a middle section and recapitulation. But I've always thought Chopin's A Major Prelude wanted to go on, too, so I wouldn't take my perceptions too seriously. I did enjoy the pieces.

all best,
mgj
Old 02-20-2006, 02:27 PM
D. V.

Default mgj, I feel just the same way.

mgj, I feel just the same way. I always did have trouble "filling out" pieces, and, all 3 of these pieces you should probably think of as unfinished. Except maybe the first.

I do have finished "realized pieces", most about 3-4 minutes long. Now I'm trying to work on a 3-movement sonata in A major. I have the completed 2nd (slow) movement, but I'm having some trouble composing for the other two movements. I always compose great-sounding themes (so I think), but when I need to complete them, that's where the trouble starts.

Anyways, the pieces I posted were more "examples" of my style and my composing in general than completed pieces. I'm glad you liked them.

~Daniel
Old 02-20-2006, 08:31 PM
Fred Winterling (harbor1)

Default Hello Daniel, Who was it th

Hello Daniel,

Who was it that once said "Always leave them wanting more"? I want more. Love your stuff, man!

Fred Winterling
Old 02-23-2006, 10:16 PM
D.V.

Default Mark, I'll explain the las

Mark, I'll explain the last Eb in the favorite.mid. When I write midis, I usually put an extra random note at the end and mute it, so that when the song's over it doesn't cut short, like the inspiration.mid did. The program I used to write inspiration.mid doesn't read rests at the end of a piece, so I had to put a muted note.
~Daniel
Old 03-31-2006, 10:04 PM
Daniel Vallery (danielv)

Default Fred, I haven't copyrighte

Fred, I haven't copyrighted my music yet, so I won't post any more works until I have, which should be about this summer. I'm real happy that people outside my house like my music!

~Daniel
Old 03-31-2006, 11:11 PM

Default Hi Daniel, I'll be lookin

Hi Daniel,
I'll be looking forward to your work. Nice going!
Fred
Old 05-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Daniel Vallery (danielv)

Default Here's another piece: Momm

Here's another piece: Momma's Song.
Hope it's enjoyable!
<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mamasong.not (75.4 k)</td></tr></table></center>
~Daniel
Old 05-04-2006, 04:12 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Daniel, This is a rea

Howdy Daniel,

This is a really cool piece! You've done a very masterful job of putting themes together, using expression (as well as annotating it), and using the capabilities of Composer quite well. If this is for your Mama, she should be proud! I know parts of it reminded me of my days - busy but joyful

Good work!

ttfn,
Sherry

Old 05-05-2006, 01:28 AM
Daniel Vallery (danielv)

Default Here's a theme with 5 (

Here's a theme with 5 (I think,) variations that I wrote last year. Hope you all enjoy!
(Sounds best when used with a soundfont, as most anything does.)
<center><table border=1><tr><td>
Variations.mid (41.6 k)</td></tr></table></center>

~Daniel
Old 05-05-2006, 11:09 PM

Default Hi Daniel, Mama's Song

Hi Daniel,

Mama's Song is woderful and Variations blew me away. Thanks for sharing your music with us. You are a very skillful artist. Keep up the good work!

Fred
Old 05-06-2006, 08:11 AM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default Hi Daniel, Enjoyed Mamma

Hi Daniel,

Enjoyed Mamma's Song. You seem to have the ability, as did Beethoven, of taking very simple thematic material, basically a scale in this case, and turning it into something quite expressive, even melodic.

all best,
mgj
Old 05-14-2007, 01:51 AM
Scribblette

Default Stumbled across here while loo

Stumbled across here while looking for soundfonts and saw the post mentioning Determination. Didn't find it in here but listening to the other work available here... this is good stuff. The more educated folk here were better at explaining what's so right about it, but aye - it goes all over the place without losing the theme, and without the theme becoming repetitive.

I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Now I've got to get back to work on my pixel art game project and dream of having the pennies to hire musicians this capable a while down the line.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:42 PM
Daniel Vallery (danielv)

Default Wow... thanks. About Determin

Wow... thanks.
About Determination, I haven't heard, played, or worked on that piece for months now, but I think I should. It will probably turn out to be another solo piece from 3-5 minutes long, as almost all my other pieces are. Just to show you the way I am with composing, I wrote that theme about 2-3 years ago, and now, more mature composing-wise, I'm really dissatisfied with it. I can't wait to really make it what it's destined to be...

About the inspiration.mid, I'm also going to start working on that again. My plan is to take the whole 17th Beethoven sonata and just mash it all together, while still making it sound good. Interplay with the various themes from all three movements, with a little artistic license here and there. I plan on calling it: A Transformation on Beethoven's 17th Sonata. Or if I make other transformations of this sort, number them, like Transformation No. 1, Beethoven's 17th Sonata.

~Daniel