Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2009, 05:52 AM
Senior User

Default Re: Mark Walsen - Children's Suite for piano

Hi Mark,
"a phase in life that I have been longing for over the last couple decades, to return to doing some of my own music." I remember suggesting, if not urging, this 4-5 years ago. So I guess I can sit up in the sleeping bag, throw a log on the fire, pour a glass of Merlot, and raise the glass to you, a more happy camper.

I'm just a midi guy, too, still looking for extra channels, of course, but otherwise satisfied. I see more and more names of more and more devices that can be put together to do fantastic things--your Melodyne Editor sounding like the ultimate--but every hour I spent learning, would be an hour taken away from working on many projects I have in mind, some of them pretty well worked out in concept. At the moment I am more than half way through the draft of an oratorio based mostly on the wealth of music produced by the Civil War, trying to catch and contrast the feelings of all sides, to surround a love story that starts with the Benjamin Hanby song, "My Darling Nelly Gray," and becomes fictionalized, though possible. It started as Symphony No. 3, and so it remains in title. I am very lazy about changing titles and re-filing.

Good luck with the audio editing. Sherry knows a ton about it and can certainly point you down some productive paths.

all best,
mgj