Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Beta Testing Area > Beta 3.0.7 > MIDI files and MIDI parameters

MIDI files and MIDI parameters Discuss MIDI files (eg. any issues with types opening or exporting) and MIDI parameters (Composer only)

Old 03-04-2018, 11:54 AM
Active User

Default Composer 3 Sometimes Won't Open

Sometimes when I first turn on PC Win7 and go to my library of Composer midi files, the Composer main screen appears instead of the song. It is totally unresponsive in that I can't choose another song in the recent list, or close it. When I X it to close, it dims and windows asks to wait or close. I force close it and pull up the song again and it is normally fine for the duration on all songs. Sometimes, I have had to restart PC.

These are songs that play well and in Composer format, however, they are opened directly from the song list that is associated in control panel to be opened by Composer, and I don't select from the main screen, if that makes any difference. The problem is when on a gig, I am never sure if it will open or not, and the restart time is embarrassing.

Any ideas?
Bernie
Old 03-05-2018, 12:48 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: Composer 3 Sometimes Won't Open

Hi Bernie,

My first suggestion would be to make sure you're running the latest version 3.1. Please follow the steps below to get your update, which will only install on the machine where you already have your purchased license installed.

To have the download link automatically sent to you, please visit the Update/Upgrade assistant page at www.notation.com/UpgradeOrder.php

1. Enter your email address and click "Enter",
2. At Step 2, click to select the license you want to update and click "Enter" to continue.
3. At the Step 3, click to check the box beside the "This license of..." entry. A "Send link" button will appear.
4. Click the "Send Link" button, and you will receive an email with your download link in it.

If you're still seeing the problem after updating Composer, please let me know at the Helpdesk (support@notation.com) and we'll get you going.

ttfn,
Sherry
Old 03-05-2018, 02:07 PM
Active User

Default Re: Composer 3 Sometimes Won't Open

I guess the problem is with the 2.6.3 version. I thought I had upgraded to 3. Sorry for the mix up. I have one with 3 and the other with 2.6.3. I need a new link on one and upgrade the 2.6.3 I guess.