Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2007, 03:48 PM
Daniel Vallery (danielv)

Default Hey everybody, I just finished

Hey everybody, I just finished working on a piano piece called "Fast and Furious". No, it's not named after any movie or show, it's just that name matches with the music. Because the glissando markings can't be sounded, don't listen to the .not file, instead just follow along while listening to the midi file. The .not file is best viewed in page view. As you've noticed, I did post 2 .not's. I'll talk about that below. The second .not is a little prettier because the first one has messed up slur marks. Follow along with the second.
<center><table border=1><tr><td>
Fast and Furious.not (312.4 k)</td></tr></table></center>
Fast and Furious2.not (312.4 k)</td></tr></table></center>
fast and furious.mid (34.7 k)</td></tr></table></center>
Mark, writing this song has shown me a couple of bugs. On the first .not, you'll notice that in the Db major section, in the right hand there are a lot of high notes with slur marks at the wrong height. That's because after I added an 8va mark and save the file, when I open it again it takes away the mark and it's effect, leaving an 8 which can't be deleted. In the first .not, there should be 2 8's above the quintuplet in measure 80, while the second .not has just one 8. (The second one has fixed slurs, for prettiness sake.) I think it's just a corrupted file, since you can see that 8va markings work elsewhere.

Another thing, when adding lines such as a glissando or portamento, when you specify whether you want above, below, or between staves, the line will only go horizontally. Only when NOT specified will the line go diagonally (which is desired for glissando). This bug (I hope it's a bug) works on any file.

Well everyone, I hope you really enjoy this piece. My younger brother calls the Db major section "Mr. Rogers" everytime he hears it. Go figure. This piece is really fun to play on piano, and I hope to play it in a talent show a few weeks from now. Please, tell me what you think of it.
~Big D