Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share news about music

Share news about music Do you have some news about music that you'd like to share with others? Here's the place.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2018, 01:37 PM

Location: Balderson, Ontario, Canada, 100 kms (60 miles) from Ottawa
Default Re: Notation Composer ranked by Top Ten Reviews to be the worst Music Notation Softwa

Hi, Reinhold:

I have Sibelius 7, MuseScore, Lilypond, Personal Composer, Crescendo and Finale on my hard drive.

With the exception of Personal Composer, I have never accomplished any serious work with any of them -- including the vaunted Sibelius (as I understand it, now deprecated and replaced by Dorico). Personal Composer I used from DOS 3.0 days -- until Mark Walsen asked me to be part of the Composer development testers.

Dollar for dollar, feature for feature, Notation Composer (since the days when it was Midinotate Composer and even earlier) has always run leaps and bounds around other notation software. It's like the old navy saying that the best ship is "faster than anything more powerful; more powerful than anything faster". Substitute "economical" for "faster" and you've got Notation Composer.

The site you've mentioned seems to call Notion the best software. I tried Notion for about an hour -- once -- and walked away.

For, as your banner says, "the everyday musician", I don't believe that Notation Composer can be beat.

How's that for a review?

David