Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2008, 10:45 AM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Thumbs up Traditional music for kids' Christmas performance

Howdy,

It's been a while since I've posted any compositions, but that's about to change

I was volunteered to put together the kids' Christmas music program for church this year. My goal is to have the five pieces done by the end of this month (October) so they'll have all of November and early December to practice. I've got two done so far, and hope to get the others done soon.

The plan is to have a sort of "fakesheet" printed version that the kids can have to learn the lyrics from, and the rest is for a backing track. I wanted to have the music familiar enough and the main melody audible enough that it would be easy for the kids to follow. I also wanted to go with a more traditional line up of songs for this year. We've done some "musical" style presentations for the last couple of years for their program, and thought we'd cycle round again ;)

With those goals in mind, my files are set for using my soundfont-capable SB Audigy2 soundcard synths as well as some GPO instruments, and so the GM version will sound a bit different (how different will depend on your soundcard ). I've got a rough soundfont-only at this point recording of the following two songs up at my SoundClick page (www.soundclick.com/beanfield_castle) if you want to take a listen there.

Here are the .not files for two songs so far.

O Come O Come Emmanuel and While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>O Come O Come
O Come O Come - GM.not (54.9 k)</td></tr></table></center>

<center><table border=1><tr><td>While Shepherds
While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks-8 -PerformanceExport.not (140.7 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Comments, suggestions for improvements (there's still time!) or offers of chocolate are welcome!

ttfn,
Sherry