View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 03:55 AM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello Clyde, Version 2.5 fi

Hello Clyde,

Version 2.5 fixes a lot of bugs. This is the most significant bug-fix release Notation Software has ever issued. It represents many months of solid bug-fixing. We postponed further development of the 3.0 versions of our products in order to improve the baseline software quality of the products.

I'm absolutely confident that version 2.5 is of significant higher software quality than previous versions of the product. I know that because we have significantly whittled down the bug count in our bug database.

If you're "stuck" way back on version 2.2, I'm wondering whether maybe your Notation .not files are somehow locked into that old version and are incompatible with more recent versions. If you export your song from version 2.2 into a MIDI file, and then open that MIDI file in version 2.5, do you still see a problem? If not, then that would tend to confirm the theory that there is some version 2.2 versus later version file compatibility problem that I'm now aware of (but perhaps could fix).

Please send us a report of the piano roll bug(s) you ran into in version 2.5. You can send that to support@notation.com; or post it in the piano roll section of this forum; or, less optimally, post it below here.

Please take a look at the new lyrics support in 2.5. Since you're really into lyrics, I think you'll like how each verse of lyrics is separately highlighted during playback, with also better quality of display.

I hope everthing is going well with your http://www.jazzworship.com work!

Cheers
-- Mark