View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Repeat Measure Symbol

I have expanded a little on David's suggestion (I like the % also, but not as much). I hid the rest and created the three Free Text objects for the period, slash, period, individually (for precise positioning); selected them as a group by swiping across all three; entered Ctrl+ six times to get the correct proportional size and made the characters bold; positioned each object relative to the other two; again, swiped all three as a group and made the final adjustments within the measure. Below is my future usage of the Repeat Symbol (until something better comes along ).

I have also included my Repeat Symbol.not file that I will use for copy/paste operations. I have created both a treble clef and bass clef version, so I won't have to change the clef in my target after pasting. I will probably be using the bass clef version most of the time.

Ralph

P. S. Where I have long sections of repeat measures, I will probably put the measure number over every fourth measure to make it easier for the drummer to follow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Drum Part3.jpg (13.8 KB, 10 views)
Attached Files
File Type: not Repeat Symbol.not (2.8 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by rrayner; 02-14-2014 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Modified the appearance of the symbol a little bit in the file