Thread: Piano Concerto
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 09:06 PM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default Hi Mark, Yes, harmonically

Hi Mark,

Yes, harmonically it isn't Classical, but formally it is--sonata, song form, rondo.

It was composed from Feb to May of this year. I used Magic Score 3.8, which won't print the parts correctly, and takes up to 20 seconds to start playback in the first movement.

The midi sounds fine here, as does the .not file, in which I've done a little editing--enough to know it works--and will finish when I've registered.

I have some editing to do yet, but the instruments all have the volume level I gave them at the time of entering the notes. That's on my system (which has some sound card issues, as far as having a working program to handle soundfonts), but it sounds the same whether in Magic Score, Windows Media Player, or Composer. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps you are referring to the few measures just after the cadenza where the piano is set way too soft????

Yes, hearing a GPO version would be interesting. Of course hearing it live, with someone else's cadenza, would be more so. Since it lasts about 34 or 35 minutes, even an MP3 would be pretty large.

Thanks for your comments,
mgj