View Single Post
Old 12-24-2006, 11:11 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy, It's been a whil

Howdy,

It's been a while since I posted any music A lot of what I do with Composer is in the area of both composition for personal pleasure, and especially for putting together music for our church. This year, I did the entire sound track for the kids' musical program, starting with some very basic sheet music, and then doing arrangements in various styles for the different songs.

This piece began with the familiar children's tune "The Itsy Bitsy Spider", and I did a sort of Vince Guaraldi take-off on it. (Did I mention that the sound track to A Charlie Brown Christmas is one of our favorites around here?) I added the vibraphone melody line to give the kids a clear melody to follow for singing purposes. I'm posting both the .not file (2.0 format) and the corresponding .mid.

It's short but fun - the kids had a lot of fun with the music, as we went from some very simple arrangements (like this one) to full orchestral stuff (which I borrowed some phrases from various sources for).

I'll also take this opportunity to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!

<center><table border=1><tr><td>Joseph's song .not
04 Joseph's Song DONE.not (35.1 k)</td></tr></table></center><center><table border=1><tr><td>Joseph's song .mid
04 Joseph's Song DONE.mid (3.8 k)</td></tr></table></center>

God bless us, every one!
Sherry