Thread: Christmas
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 12:39 AM
David Jacklin (dj)

Default Thank you for that, Alek. Gre

Thank you for that, Alek. Great bass line!

I'll reciprocate with a convoluted one:

This is a zip file because the uncompressed one is 880 kB. People will have to unzip it first.

THEN: it takes two midi devices with General Midi soundsets to play back properly, otherwise the strings take over some of the woodwind parts and things like that. Anyone with a Sound Blaster card should have at least two devices installed. You can set the devices in the Staff Setup window under the Staff menu. Everything down to and including the celeste should be on one device; everything thereafter on the second. Any tracks that have AUTO under the midi channel can be ignored; there's nothing in them. You shouldn't have to change any channels.

Finally: this is actually formatted for Composer 1, not for 2 so the page formatting is skewed.

Anyway, this is a group song called Your First Christmas Tree from the second act of my musical The Holly Tree, which is based on some Charles Dickens stories. Done live and sung by 20-25 voices, including children, it sounds fabulous. I hope you like it.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

David

<center><table border=1><tr><td>Your First Christmas Tree
2_19_Your_First_Christmas_Tree_Orchestra.zip (250.8 k)</td></tr></table></center>