View Single Post
Old 04-23-2005, 05:03 AM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello Andrew, I haven't

Hello Andrew,

I haven't heard of any MidiNotate folk using VSampler or Speedsoft. MidiOx seems to be the favorite. There is another virtual MIDI cable some folk use, but I forget what it is. You can bet pretty safely on MidiOx if you're going to use it with Composer, because that's what I use during testing of MidiNotate.

Here's a really important tip, though, about MidiOx. Avoid MIDI feedback loops! The best way to do this is to use the MIDI Device Configuration command in MidiNotate's Setup menu. In the MIDI Device Config window, use the Select Ports command in the Port menu. Then make sure that each MidiYoke port (1 through 16) is turned off for either MIDI In or MIDI Out.

The MIDI Device Configuration portion of MidiNotate lets you keep multiple alternative configurations. I keep one configuration that includes the MIDI Yoke (Ox) ports, and another that doesn't. If you don't use the MIDI Yoke ports, then you'll likely prefer not to wait the extra couple of seconds it takes /Windows to open and close the 16 ports.

If you get started on virtual MIDI cables in this forum, there are some folk here who will talk your ear off, if I haven't already.

MidiNotate Composer is flattered by your complimentary comparison to Sibelius, which has many merits.

Cheers
-- Mark