View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 04:22 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: Trouble with GPO

Hi Dai,

Is the problem with just one file, or with any file you try to play? If it's just one (or even a few different ones), please send me a copy of the file(s) to support@notation.com and I'll try them out on my set up here.

If it's a problem with all files, then there is a setting somewhere that is blocking the sound.

Some places to check:
  • Since all Garritan Libraries rely on the Mod Wheel for volume, this is one area to look at . The Aria Player is usually smart enough to add a Mod Wheel value to an incoming stream that does not have a Mod Wheel setting. However, if there is a Mod Wheel setting of "0", or if the Mod Wheel setting for a staff (which is actually a MIDI track) is quite low, then you may not hear any sound. You may want to try manually setting a Mod Wheel level for each staff using Composer's GraphOverNotes tools.
  • LoopBe30 Ports - Make sure the ports match up in Composer and Aria (for Composer this would be in MIDI Devices, and for Aria would be in Tools->Preferences->Input MIDI Devices). The rule of thumb is to use a single Input Port for each "Instance" of Aria. That way it's easier to keep them all straight
  • Make sure you're sending the signal from Aria to the correct sound card if you have more than one. In Aria, click on Tools -> Preferences, and then check the Audio device settings and make sure they match the sound card you are trying to use. Most of the time these settings are fine, but if you have more than one audio source/sound card, then you may need to select the proper Device and settings (I have to do that because I have two sound cards on my machine - it's bitten me more than once ).
  • System volume - if you can hear other audio playback (eg. YouTube, Windows Media Player, etc.) then this is probably not the problem, but it never hurts to check.
Hope the above tips get you going. If not, let us know.

ttfn,
Sherry