Thread: Tango
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 12:44 AM
Fred Winterling (harbor1)

Default Hi Derek, Wow, that was fun

Hi Derek,

Wow, that was fun!! I just downloaded your version. ( I was just toying with it and changed the piano right hand to clarinet, and took some of the bottom notes in the left hand and made a tuba part. I like the harmonies. It would be really simple to arrange it as an Oompa band arrangement. It would take quite a bit of editing, but it would be a blast.

quote: "perhaps you can take out one part and play along with it as a duet, it will be fun, I like doing that myself."

That would be fun, but I can't play the clarinet ( or sax ) anymore. That is why I had to switch to piano.

quote: "By the way, you will notice that I have added the second part which is in G which curiously enough seems to be always missing on all the North American editions that I have come across, my version is the Austrian one which is where the piece originated and I bought it in Germany in 1953"

That 2nd part ( beginning at measure #35 ) is fantastic. It belongs there. What idiot decided to remove it?? I never heard that part before. It fits so perfectly. I can't understand why it was left out. Would you give me permission to steal it and incorporate it into mine? It would make my arrangement much better.

Thanks for uploading your arrangement. I really enjoyed it!

Cheers,
Fred