Thread: Tango
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 12:01 AM
Derek Sanders (derek_sanders)

Default Hello Everyone...Thank you all

Hello Everyone...Thank you all for the feedback I got for the Tango.First thing I must state is that this is NOT my composition, I arranged it for a seniors accordion band, it was used in a competition successfully and the adjudicator made some very kind comments about it. And now to answer Alek (Kombrig).Thank You for taking the trouble to give an in depth analysis of my work and though the wording of your reply may be unfortunate I feel sure that you did not deliberately set out to be unkind and so my friend I accept your comments in the spirit in which they were given and now I will answer the questions you posed.#1 The file looked weird because it came from a different programme and as I do not yet know how to operate Notation I could not change it. #2 Same reason as above I only could give notation a file as an O type midi and that was the result.#3Again as above, I have no idea yet as to how to install the proper instrumentation as I am brand new to the programme, but I assure you...I will learn. #4 Yes I do know the Tango style and were I writing for professional accordionists all the things you stated would have been there, as regards to a DRY SOUND that is a personal thing, the only DRY SOUND accordionists I have ever met play either classical music or jazz for which it is highly suited. If you look at what I wrote before I did state that I wrote for a group of SENIORS, their ages range from the early sixties to 83. Myself I am leaning on 80 but I do have the advantage of being a musician all my life whereas my friends in the band did not even start until they were well into their sixties, therefore their reading skills are not too good, they have problems reading rests and counting bars of rests, their technique does not allow them to play at a very high speed but they do the best they can, I just write the notes and tell them where to play them as staccato, what we do may not be as you would but I can assure you it is successful as we have won at least one competition every year for the last twelve years, later on I will post other arrangements and perhaps some of my own compositions, and , when I have learned how to use Notation perhaps they will sound as they should sound and meet with your approval...I have no hard feelings toward you Alek so please do not be afraid to post your comments to me in the future I realize you have a language difficulty but I'm sure you mean well...Thanks again to everyone I do enjoy feeling that I am part of a very nice group.....All the Best to you....TTYL...Derek.