View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 05:34 PM
Lawrence (lak)

Default Hi David: Thanks for taking t

Hi David: Thanks for taking the time to do the detailed analysis. I can see how that midi could cause problems. There is no user accessible battery in my keyboard. And I really don't think that it is related to the keyboard as my other software play all the midis fine (including this one); and I can play all the other midis (I won't try playing this one though) directly using a USB drive plugged into the DGX-630. All with correct drum sound.

But here is my main concern that could not be resolved:
- why is Musician failing to assign drum track not only to this problem midi, but to all other midis which was working properly previously? You can see the wrong assignment in the Staff setup screen.

- yes, I can work around this problem by manually assigning bank selection - but this is very time consuming and tiring to do this for each and every midi.

For the time being, I am using MidiPlayer 2 at SVPWorld as a work around. This is another software which has no problem playing all the midis through my keyboard. And it can also optionally assign panel voices in place of XG voices. Just load, click and save. And all the tracks would have proper DGX specific bank selection assignment and would then be played properly by Musician.

Sherry: can you give me some info how to clean all traces of Musician from my PC and start afresh? Are there any hidden files / registry entries which are not erased by uninstall?