View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 12:02 AM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello Gary, Given all of th

Hello Gary,

Given all of the information you've provided, I suspect that the problem is with your MIDI driver rather than video driver.

Please try assigning a different MIDI device to the tracks and see if the crash during playback goes away. If so, then try updating your soundcard drivers.

It might be an entirely different problem that you're not able to drawing Mod Wheel curves in Composer. I just now tried that in version 2.2 on XP without a problem. The next time you find that you cannot draw a Mod Wheel curve, please try the following perhaps strange experiment: Do some other simple edit, such as changing the pitch of a note. Does that work? Look at the Undo history in the Edit menu. Do you see Change Note Pitch as the most recent command, and then Draw Mod Wheel Curve as the second most recent command? And as the third most recent command, to you see listed the other edit you did prior to Draw Mod Wheel Curve?

I think we should focus primarily here on the likely possibility that there is a problem with the MIDI/soundcard driver. The problem with the Mod Wheel editing is probably a separate issue.

Cheers
-- Mark