Thread: Crystal Blues
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 10:49 PM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hi Matt, Congrats on finish

Hi Matt,

Congrats on finishing your first composition made using Composer!

Given that you did not have your MIDI keyboard hooked up to the computer, do I understand correctly that you entered these notes by hand? Had you already composed the song, written down on paper, and copied it into Composer? Or, had you worked out the song on your keyboard, and then manually entered the notes in Composer as you worked out the notes again on your keyboard? Or, did you compose this piece "in your head" (or with your mouse) and then manually entered the notes "from you head" into Composer? I'm curious how you compose, as many folks have different ways of doing this.

Do tell us about how you encoded your name into the notes of the song. This should be interesting.

This song demonstrates a consistent style in chord progressions, rhythms, and melody patterns. I suspect that you comfortable improvising in this style. Good improvisation skills come in handy in composing, even when you cannot take advantage of recording your improvisations. I do recommend, however, that you hook up your MIDI keyboard as soon as possible!

Thanks for showing us your work here. I look forward to hearing and seeing more!

Cheers
-- Mark