View Single Post
Old 08-17-2005, 04:23 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Mark, I've d/l

Howdy Mark,

I've d/l'ed and installed the new version, and have run into a couple of problems.

1. I added a new staff and tried to record into it. The piano roll dashes come up as it's in the process of recording, but when I hit the "stop" button, no notation comes up. I didn't see any error message. However...

2. When I'm done with the recording, the staff is empty, and so is the field where the staff control buttons should be. I checked the options in "View" (nice addition, I've been meaning to tell you), and the option is checked, but still the control buttons don't show. They were displaying fine when I first opened the file.

3. After trying to record, and observing 2 and 3 above, I tried "rewinding" (the playback position green arrow goes where it should) but then I couldn't get the file to play. I tried clicking on the button and hitting the space bar (not at the same time), and nothing.

4. I then tried using "Edit/Refresh entire score", and the display changed to a single staff, "Unnamed" rather than the three tracks I had setup.

5. Then, after about 10 seconds, I get this "Microsoft Visual C++" error message that says "Runtime Error! Program: C:\Program Files\MidiNotate\Composer\composer.exe abnormal program termination" and then Composer shuts down without saving anything.

6. I've done this a few times, with the same results each time. I would consider this a Showstopper

I'll email you the file that I had opened to work on, in case that should give you any clues, as well as any "rescued" files I may have. For some reason I'm still unable to upload files using the "Upload Attachment" button on the forum.

ttfn,
Sherry