View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Active User

Exclamation Adjusting note velocities in grace notes

Hello, Is there a way adjust the note velocity of a grace note? I use notation composer as midi recording device from my piano/keyboard and need to make adjustments in the midi file for sound and pedaling before I upload my videos to youtube sometimes. Sometimes I'll have an almost perfect recording with only one note mistake. Well... many times this note mistake ends up being a grace note in the file. I could fix the midi for sound if I could adjust that grace note's note velocity to a "05" or so and it would then be inaudible. However, there seems to be no way to do this with a grace note. I can't just delete the grace note because that throws off the timing of the rest of the piece because it's a live recording through midi. I also can't delete that grace note and re enter a new grace note in that spot with a note velocity set to "05" because it still throws off the timing of the rest of the piece since it is from a live recording. Being able to adjust the velocity of a grace note or not is almost a deal breaker for me to use this program. Please tell me there is a way to simply adjust that existing grace note's note velocity. Thanks for reading.