View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 10:26 PM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default This forum had suffered a lot

This forum had suffered a lot in the last two years from automated spam postings. This problem has been almost completely solved now.

If in the past you found email notifications of forum postings useful, until the spam problem got so bad, I hope that you will consider turning back on the email notifications, now the the forum spam problem has been solved.

If you're not already registered in the forum, click Log In or Register at the top of this window. You need only provide your email address and some forum user identification.

If you want to receive email notifications for replies to your posts, then at the Log In or Register page, find the E-mail Notification section. Within that section, turn on the checkmarks for receiving e-mail notifications for (1) "my own posts" and (2) "replies to my posts".

If you want to receive email notifications of new posts by other forum users in certain sections of the forum, then at the Log In or Register page, find the E-mail Notification section. Within that section, under New Posts, turn on checkmarks for any forum sections for which you wish to receive email copies of new posts.

Periodically, you should review the list of sections for which you have signed up to receive email notifications. When a new section of the forum is added, it will not be automatically added to your checklist.

Cheers
-- Mark