Thread: Funky Stuff
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2006, 01:57 PM
Fred Winterling (harbor1)

Default Howdy Sherry, I don't kno

Howdy Sherry,
I don't know how hard the base line is to play. (I'm sure it's easier on the keyboard). I need to change the base line where the instrument "fours" are. It should be lower (and more better). I have been working, for over a year, on a folder I call "Stuff in a box". I don't touch my keyboard until I press the record button because I have no idea what might come out of it. I have files that are only 2 or 4 measures long, some 8 or 12 bars long and others that are really long. They contain phrases for solos or melodies or bass lines or drum parts or motifs for future songs. There is a lot of good stuff in them, but there is also a lot of junk in them as well. For this one piece, I have 22 different short files that contain pieces of solos or piano riffs and some are just for rhythm. It will never be revealed because there is too much garbage in with some good stuff and I can't delete the garbage because it is intermingled with the usable parts. It takes hours to match up the stuff I need. Oh well, I like crossword puzzles anyway.
Thanks!
Fred