View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 03:36 AM
Active User

Default Importing Soundfonts into Notation Midi Files

Somehow, I seem to be stuck in a rut as to how to get any beneficial sound improvement whatever to my Notation compositions by using a Software Synthesizer.
When one goes to the Home page of say, Propeller Reason or Synthfont, boy do you get a soundtrack that stirs the creative fire and makes one think...."Jeez if only I could liven up my Mp3 and .wav tracks to sound like that!"
That,(for me at anyrate) rapidly fades into a seemingly unachievable goal after purchasing the software and attempting to assign soundfonts in an attempt to give more grunt and realism to my music.
I have to say, that I find most of the "as it plays it" Notation generated sounds play on my 2.1 sound system with "acceptable reality" to the instruments. Not perfect, but a dam sight better than I can get after trying to substitute other sourced software fonts into my tracks.

After hearing and reading about so much as what is supposedly magnificently achievable soundwise I would dearly love to hear from any other Notation User as to what they believe I might be doing wrongly in ignorance. For the life of me I can't see either the point or way to change existing Scores saved as Midi files in Notation Composer into anything I deem a better or more realistic instrumentation output.

Someone out there must be doing it with great success or the Software Synth business would already be defunct?

Poppa