View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 04:07 AM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Gary, You mentioned a

Howdy Gary,

You mentioned above:
----------------------
The functionality is great overall, but it really is bothersome to have the score paged when I'm editing performance dynamics. I'm trying to edit the CC1 controller (used by GPO to control timbre and sustain volume) of the string section in a phrase that is eight measures long. The first of those eight measures is at the end of one page and the following seven are on the next page. I need to play that section of eight measures, adjust the controllers, and then play it again until I get it right.
----------------------

One technique you can use when you want to do such edits is to briefly switch the Part that is displayed, to only the staff (or staves) you're editing. This allows you a bit more flexibility in (1) how large the display of (2) a certain number of staves, to make editing easier. You can (as Mark pointed out above) use "P + click" to drop the play-back marker to whatever measure you want.

Alternatively, if you're fine-tuning a particular section, you could set that 8-measure (or whatever measures) span as a "Practice" loop. Then when you hit "Alt + space bar", Composer will automatically begin playback at the designated measure, and play through the segment that you've designated as the "practice loop". Just hit the space bar again when you're done listening to it, edit it some more, then hit "Alt+space bar" to listen to it again. You can use Perform/Practice setup for this.

Have lots of fun - Composer is a great way to make use of all the performance-enhancements available in GPO! I'm looking forward to hearing your music. Please feel free to post it in the "Share your music" section of the forum here!

ttfn,
Sherry