View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 05:28 AM
Gary Shannon (fiziwig)

Default An Addendum to a newbie's

An Addendum to a newbie's first impressions.

The functionality is great overall, but it really is bothersome to have the score paged when I'm editing performance dynamics. I'm trying to edit the CC1 controller (used by GPO to control timbre and sustain volume) of the string section in a phrase that is eight measures long. The first of those eight measures is at the end of one page and the following seven are on the next page. I need to play that section of eight measures, adjust the controllers, and then play it again until I get it right. Problem is there are ten measures before the one I'm working on on the first page, so I have to listen to those ten measures over and over before I get to the measures I'm interesting in hearing. I really need to be able to scroll the score left and right by a single measure, not by a whole page.

The other problem I'm having is more mysterious. This may be a known problem for you, but unfortunately I can't give you any details about the crash. In the space of 20 minutes I had my whole system go to a black screen and reboot XP five times. I just haven't seen that happen in XP before. No messages, no diagnostic data, just crash and reboot. I'm running a P4 3.2 GHz, 1 GB RAM, win XP. I can't rule out a hardware problem, of course, but it doesn't happen with my other notation software. Wish I could provide you more debugging info.

--gary shannon