View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 12:50 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: Unable to open saved file

Hi Jane,

Good news - we were able to open your files, find the problem, and fix it. I've sent you the corrected files, and hopefully you should be able to carry on your work where you left off.

This problem was due to an existing bug in Notation Composer 2.6.3 that is now slated for fixing. I'll also add that it wasn't me who found and fixed the problem, but you'll find out more about that later

For others who may be following this thread, or who may happen on it, the problem in Notation Composer 2.6.3 (and quite probably also in Notation Musician 2.6.3) is the following.

The "cresc." marking for the bass staff was placed prior to the actual bass note. Please see the screen shot here:

Cresc_placement_forum.jpg

To avoid the problem when placing "cresc." markings on the score, please be sure to place them on the notes. This is apparently important for notes at the beginning of a measure, as seen in this screen shot.

I apologize for the inconvenience, and hope you can pick right up where you left off. We're working to get it fixed

ttfn,
Sherry