Thread: Rock 'n' Roll
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 03:12 AM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Fred, Well, I'm b

Howdy Fred,

Well, I'm better than I was, and not as good as I will be, but I'm slowly getting back in the swing of things

I just downloaded the latest sax solo that you did Fred, and I'll try it out in the "accompaniment" file that I did. I'm still thinking of rearranging the ending a bit, if you think that would be a Good Thing

As for recording, I don't mind doing that a bit, but I have recently found out about an audio editor that you might be interested in. It's called Audacity, and it's open source and free You can check it out at http://audacity.soundforge.net/

You can use it to record performances from Composer, and then have that play while you record audio (such as vocals) tracks too. You can then mix down the tracks to two-track stereo wav, mp3, or ogg filetypes for whatever you want to do. I haven't had the opportunity to mess around with it much, but it seems like a great program - and it's free So if you want to do your own vocals, you could probably use this to do it. Or if you want me to do the vocals, I don't mind a bit - this is a fun song Just let me know what you want to do.

Also, if you have SynthFont, were you able to find the sax fonts, or would you like me to email you the files I found? Let me know on that one, too.

ttfn,
Sherry