Thread: Rock 'n' Roll
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 06:22 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Fred, That's grea

Howdy Fred,

That's great! I know how you feel about trying to enter a part for something that's not a keyboard using a keyboard But you did a great job! You got some really nice articulations in, and that's the key to a really convincing performance. I know some folks are coordinated enough to do that type of thing on the fly, but I'm really glad (for me) that Mark has made it so you can put those types of things (mod wheel adjustments, pitch bends, etc) in after you get the notes in

Since you really like the piano parts, maybe we can just quiet them down a bit during the sax parts. That's easy enough to do. And thanks for letting me work on this with you - it's a lot of fun, and my kids dance when I'm playing it out loud

I haven't listened to Melissa Forbes, but given your recommendation, I'll have to check her out!

I've also been thinking about the ending - maybe repeating the chorus again, ending temporarily at the "-phone" part of "rock that saxophone", then letting the sax play a short riff (something along the lines of what you have for the ending part now - sort of a wail of triumph ;) ), and have all the instruments hit that last chord for an ending. What do you think? I know it's better to hear it than read it I'll see what I can come up with by way of demonstration.

We've had some really nice weather here lately, and I've been spending a lot of time outside painting and such as that (there's always something to do to a 109 year old house ). But I'm hoping to get a good evening of music work in here soon!

ttfn,
Sherry