Thread: Rock 'n' Roll
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 05:43 PM
Fred Winterling (harbor1)

Default Hi Sherry, I inserted a sax

Hi Sherry,

I inserted a sax solo and a few fills in the chorus after the solo near the end. I tried to keep it simple to fit the genre ( it's typical Jerry Lee Lewis ). It was a pile of fun, but I'm pretty near whacky after all the editing. It "ain't easy" trying to play a sax solo on the keyboard. I wrote some things in a separate file and played with them until the meter fit pretty closely, although there are probably a few note attacks that may be a bit off. Feel free to make any changes or toss it if need be, and let me know if you want me to make any changes. It's not one of my "signature" solos, so you can do whatever you think works. I was back and forth on exactly where to fit the fills because I did not want to over-ride the piano fills that are perfect. I also added a "Tenor Sax" track. It took me a while to figure out how to unhide your sax track. I left your sax track in in case you had a reason for it, so it is hidden again but it is still there. Thanks for all the work you put into this. It's a real kick working with you. BTW, have your heard Melissa Forbes' songs on Sound Click? She's in the "jazz" section. What a voice! and what great style!!... over and out. Fred