Thread: Rock 'n' Roll
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 12:40 AM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Fred, I'm not sur

Howdy Fred,

I'm not sure what the problem with the midi file may be. Perhaps it's related to David's observed track problems with saving as midi? The tracks in the midi file above "Saxophone Rock Sherry.mid" are indeed in a different order than the same file that is on my hard drive (which is the one I uploaded to the forum). That's weird...

Anyhow, Fred, to address your points above:

1. For the "can't open the .not file in Composer", I'm using the Pro beta version, and so if you want to see it in the .not version, you'll need to download the free Player. The midi file has everything in it - see next points

2. In Composer (or other MidiNotate products) there is now the feature that if a track has no notes in it, it is automatically hidden when you open up the midi file. Just go to the Track/Track Setup command and un-hide it.

3. The vocal line (it's labeled "lyric" in the midi and .not files) is indeed only one note pitch-wise I am in the middle of my "hack and hone" approach, where I first just beat out the rhythm on one note, and then I go back and fix the pitches. Only I haven't fixed the pitches yet for this. It was actually faster for me to just record the mp3 with live vocals so you could hear it before I actually took the time to fix the pitches in the .not file.

4. If you're thinking of the actual recorded vocal, that is an mp3 file that I sent you. I didn't post that here, and I didn't post it on my SoundClick site because it's not my song, and I didn't have your permission to post it there But if you want, I can, and it's easily accessible.

By the way, I've had that tune running through my head all day now

ttfn,
Sherry