Thread: Rock 'n' Roll
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 11:33 PM
Fred Winterling (harbor1)

Default Hi Sherry, I have a problem I

Hi Sherry, I have a problem I do not understand how to solve. The first time I played the midi file, I played it on the forum- it opened with Windows Media Player and the vocal was there. I downloaded the file and played it through Windows Media and the vocal was just piano playing one note ( to the beat but no vocal) I thought something went wrong in the download and when I came back to the forum I played it again also through Windows Media Player but the vocal was gone ( Just the one note piano Played), so now I can't play the vocal in any medium. I may try it with Real Player and see what happens. Also, I can't open the .not file in Composer although the file exists. I downloaded Composer Pro to see if previous config problems could be solved there, but the 30 day trial ran out. I tried copying the file into MidiNotate\ Songs, but it still won't open in Composer. Also the file shows a track for tenor saxophone when checking the track setup, but there is no blank track for it in the notation. It is listed in the setup as track 6. I'm sure I can add a track, and work with it that way. I may drop it down to Eb since I don't do well in E, but then I would put it back in E for you.
By the way, the second sax font in the samples sounds the best of the 5 samples. The first may be OK also but the track would need to be raised an octave because the sound is more like baritone. Any ideas on why I lost the vocal? I had it the first time, then it flew the coop. Thanks again, Fred