Thread: Rock 'n' Roll
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 09:44 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Fred, Ok, so you'

Howdy Fred,

Ok, so you're egging me on

That's wonderful about your "little mama" Congrats, and may it only get better with age ;)

As for the sax soundfonts, I'm going to post an mp3 of the following file at my soundclick page (www.soundclick.com/beanfield_castle) This may be instructive for others who are thinking of using soundfonts.

What I did was to copy out the sax solo that Fred had made, but I didn't do any "massaging" to make it fit any of the fonts. I made five different tracks (just to make it easier to know which one is playing when) and put a different soundfont for each track. Then I played this file through and recorded it. So, if you turn the volume on Composer all the way down, and then "play" the file at the same time you're playing the mp3, it will look and sound like you're playing the soundfonts!

The only thing I did to the recording was to even out the volume between the different fonts, as there were a couple that were very quiet compared to the others. Other than that, the sound is just the difference between the soundfonts themselves.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>Sax Rock soundfont demo
Saxophone soundfont samples.mid (3.3 k)</td></tr></table></center>