Thread: Rock 'n' Roll
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 08:45 PM
Fred Winterling (harbor1)

Default OH Man!!!!!!!, That's incr

OH Man!!!!!!!, That's incredible!!. Believe it or not, it is just about exactly like I imagined it how would come out with you doing it. I was a little embarrassed when I sent the song up, but what you have done with it makes me actually like it. One little note however, I did not lose my little mama. I was not the person singing the song, I was the sax player who stole the little mama ( the car, however was a 1955 Olds Starfire convertible ) but Cadillac fit better. Anyway, the Olds wasn't too many steps down from the Caddy. You must remember that in the 1950's and 60's sax men did not lose little mamas ( there was a little competition from drummers, but we were the true champions)ha, ha!! The chord progression is perfect, and fits like a glove.
Growling saxophones will probably be impossible to find. That style was created by Reds Prysock (Tenor)and Earl Bostic (Alto ) but it held for many years. My wife was in total awe of what you did with so little to work with. She is the "little mama" and we are still together. We were married very young. She became my "steady" and I was 19 and she was 17 when we were married. We had our 47th anniversary in April. So there is actually a little truth to the song. I don't know if my soundcard will accept soundfonts. It is a Realtek AC97 Audio card and the device is Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth. I may need some instruction on how to get it to work. Thanks for what you have done. It's a remarkable job. I'll play around with the sax solo because the words dictate it, but I hate to drown out such a good piano part. Take care, and get some sleep! Fred