Thread: Rock 'n' Roll
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 04:31 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Fred, I'm emailin

Howdy Fred,

I'm emailing you an mp3 of the above arrangement along with me singing vocal just for demonstration purposes This is to let you hear the vocals as done "live" so my poor keyboard skills aren't in the way so much.

When you mess around with recording anything into it (such as that screaming sax solo ;) ) you'll want to be sure you have a device that doesn't have any latency to it, so that you'll hear what you're actually entering. And, as I mentioned before, the piano is pretty heavy in this rendition, so you may want to either tone it down or cut it out all together. Or you can play off of some of it for the sax solo. I only play whistle, so I'm not at all positive of the capabilities and nuances of good sax playing

Anyway, mess around with it and let me know what you think. Also, the ending could use a good bit of work - the one that's on there now is pretty cheesy. And some variation to mix it up a bit more during the verses would be good too.

Another sort of rendition of it could be ala "Jail House Rock", where the chords are half-step down on the "4" preceding the "1" where they go to their "proper" places. I was playing around with that on my guitar, and it sounds like fun, too

So many arrangements, so little time .... ;)

I'll also try to get those soundfont demos done sometime soon. I took a quick listen to them using Vienna Sound Studio, and I couldn't find a good "growl" on any of them. They do vary somewhat in timbre and such. If you want, I can send you the zip/sfarc files of the fonts, and you can download Vienna, and mess around with it yourself since you would know much better than I what you're listening for in a sax sound. Just let me know if you do.

ttfn,
Sherry