View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello Clyde, Your report ha

Hello Clyde,

Your report has revealed a mistake I made in building a bridge from Composer 1.0.9 to 1.1. Once you install Composer 1.1, the font sizes in Composer 1.0.x will become very large, as you have reported.

The mistake is in the Windows registry. You can fix this so that you can continue working either in Composer 1.0.9 or 1.1, but you'll then have to commit to using just 1.0.9 or 1.1, without going back and forth, until I fix this problem.

Using Regedit, visit these registry entries: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MidiNotate\Composer\Fon ts

There will be a "(Default)" entry, and 18 other entries named "Type0" through "Type17". Ignore the "(Default)", "Type16" and "Type17" entries.

The entries "Type0" through "Type15" have values that are four pieces of text or numbers, separated by commas, as in:

Times New Roman,100,400,0
and
default,0,700,0

The second number among the four values is the point size for some type of text, such as lyrics, chord names, free text, etc. In Composer 1.0.x, this number is a point size such as 8, 9, 10, or 12. In Composer 1.1, this number is 10 times the point size, such as 80, 90, 100, or 120. This gives us one decimal point of accuracy for point sizes starting in Composer 1.1.

If you want to go back to 1.0.9 for now, then edit any of these entries that has a second value more than about 40. Divide that value by 10. For example, change

Times New Roman,100,400,0

to

Times New Roman,10,400,0

Also, if you go back to Composer 1.0.9, then _delete_ this value:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MidiNotate\Composer\Set up Options\PointSizesAreIn10ths

If you want to go the other direction, then multiply the point sizes by 10 so that they are in the range 60 to, say, 240 rather than 6 to 24. And also add a registry entry for PointSizesAreIn10ths with a DWORD value of 1 under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MidiNotate\Composer\Set up Options

Sorry for this mistake. I'll fix this so that users can go back and forth between 1.0.9 and 1.1. However, it will still be true that 1.0.9 cannot read files saved by 1.1.

Cheers
-- Mark