View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 12:53 AM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Mark, That is very co

Howdy Mark,

That is very cool about Gary visiting, and extending the offer for GPO! If you're reading this item, and you've ever even just considered getting GPO, this is an excellent time to do it!

This is a tremendous library, with lots of available dynamics and articulations for all the instruments. And Composer or Pro are a fantastic match for using GPO. Composer and Pro have so many easily accessible ways to graph out controllers, volume, etc. that just naturally mesh with the fine instrumental control that is available in GPO that even a duffer like me can generate something that sounds decent.

I'm no pro musician by any stretch of the imagination, but I've still been able to put together some pretty decent sounding pieces using Composer and GPO (you can visit my site at www.soundclick.com/beanfieldcastle to hear some). It makes anything you come up with sound really nice

Jiminy - reading this, you'd think it was a paid commercial, but it isn't. It's just the effusiveness of a very happy user!

Anyway, getting back to the song at hand, I was looking at the mod wheel settings earlier, Mark (using the super-cool event list ), and you do have some of them set quite high, but not maxed out or anything. Perhaps they need to be "tweaked" a bit or something, or use the controller 7 for overall volume, while maintaining the "punch" of the mod wheel (controller 1)? Something else to play with

ttfn,
Sherry