View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy folks, Well, I'll

Howdy folks,

Well, I'll upload some pix later, but the gist of it now is:

We have the kitchen/garage wall rebuilt, but when they took out the flooring down to the joists in the kitchen, the joists were in awful shape, so they took those out as well, ripped out the block bases (which weren't adequate), and dug footings to be poured. Now we have to wait for new floor joists for the kitchen and headers for the garage. Then the guys have to get the roof on the garage, the cement guy has to grade the area, and then he can pour the footings in the kitchen, the pad for the garage, and the approach to the garage. Then they can go great guns at the carpentry, then the electrical, plumbing, and heating, walls, flooring, cabinets, and moulding. Easy, eh?

I'm off to my big District Camp gig tonight, so prayers are appreciated, as well as good thoughts and such. I've never played in front of this many folks before, so it's an exciting opportunity. You guys who are used to this stuff are probably snickering at me right now I'm hoping they'll shine lights in my eyes so I won't see anything - I'll just listen and play ;)

ttfn,
Sherry