View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 07:25 AM
Herbert WENDE (herbert)

Default Hi Ian, This is a co-operat

Hi Ian,

This is a co-operative forum where we all help each other. Any finger pointing or personal attacks are not good. It is your claim, that Composer is inconsistent, which would be a bug. If I suspect a bug, I spend a lot of time identifying it, before I report it. Normally, my time is not for free, but I gladly contribute, as others do on this forum very generously.

You said:

“As with a previous post, you're being logical but perhaps not making enough allowance for the complexity of 'things'?
Given the number of variables involved in note attack and duration in a jazz piece, and the range of amounts by which they vary, and the relatively random (or extremely complex, depending on your take)'pattern' in which variations themselves occur, may it not be a question of tweaking, within Composer as is, if the controls are accessible to do so?”

Perhaps, I should be burning my text books, my large technical library, a huge collection of music and forget about a long live devoted to engineering and the arts, in particular the art of jazz.

Herbert