View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 05:00 AM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy, After having complet

Howdy,

After having completed the 12 Days piece, this one seems ridiculously simple (and short). I wanted it to be contemplative, as it accompanies a short but thoughtful poem (set to the melody, of course) by Christina Rosetti. This piece is called "What Can I Give Him?", and I almost hesitate to put the .not file here because I used a lot of soundfont pads (and a "singing glass" font) for the parts. I didn't even try to emulate it with any of my GM sounds. You can hear the recording at www.soundclick.com/beanfield_castle. However, I will post the .not just to show how having some nice pads can fill out such a simple arrangement without being too overwhelming. You can think of it as an experimental piece - I give you the notes, you use the instruments you like

<center><table border=1><tr><td>What Can I Give Him
What Can I Give Him 3.not (34.5 k)</td></tr></table></center>

The last piece that I have to do is a piece that I don't think I'll be able to post due to copyright issues. And since I've played it live so many times before, I might just do an audio recording of it if I get too pressed for time. So, consider this the last installment of this season

ttfn,
Sherry