Thread: Tango
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello Alek, Please, please

Hello Alek,

Please, please read the guidelines for posts in this Share Your Music section of the forum:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

We should all be sensitive about each other's passion for the music we create. If you would like to show you music to others, but do not want to invite critique, then please say so in your post. We recommend that you critique the music of others only when invited to do so. That said, you are encouraged to learn from your fellow musicians by inviting their responses to your music, and similarly to share you music composing and arranging skills with others. In doing so, it's important to keep in mind that there are huge differences in music styles, each which emphasizes different composition and arranging techniques.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>The above post of yours to Derek is clearly not in the spirit of this forum.

I am leaving your post here in the forum, rather than deleting it, only to serve as an example of the kinds of posts I do not want to see in this Share Your Music section of the forum.

Offering you the benefit of doubt, I suppose that perhaps the wording of your post was just unfortunate. However, there's a very easy way for you to edit your own posts before you send them: Imagine that you are the person receiving, not sending, the post. How would you feel about receiving this post? Would it make you happy? Would it encourage you to share your music with others? Would it encourage you to make more music? I think that if you ask yourself these questions honestly, you will find that it would be a quite unpleasant experience for you to receive this post from another forum participant.

No other forum participants needs respond to my post here, as I will not let this escalate.

Sincerely,
Mark