View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 05:04 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: Piano Roll and Note Velocity won't select

Hi,

In spite of the great documentation, I am still not able to make this happen on my set up. It may be due to my methods of doing things (eg. changing the tempo, slowing down the tempo at the end, Step time recording of the notes, etc.) that is working around the issue.

Here are the steps that I have taken, in full. The first time I went through this, I stopped every three steps in order to take a look at the Piano Roll and/or the Note Velocity to see if the problem was showing up. The next time I just went straight through all the steps and only checked at the end.

1. Open file 10 Exercitum.not
  2. Use Ctrl+A to select entire song.
  3. Click Notes , Rests tab, then the Notes button to select all the notes in the file.
  4. Use the "Delete" key on my keyboard to delete all the notes.
  5. Click the Tempo button in the menu bar to open the Tempo dialog.
  6. Use the slider for the Constant Tempo parameter to set the tempo to 53. Click Ok to close, and note the tempo changed correctly on the menu bar.
  7. Click Graph Over Notes tab, and then the Tempo button.
  8. Use the Draw a Curve button to draw a lower tempo curve over the last 3 measures.
  9. Click on Notes, Rests tab
  10. Click the Step Time Record button to enter Step Time Recording mode.
  11. Position the mouse cursor at beat 1 of the top staff
  12. With the quarter note on, press C6 (C above middle C) key
  13. Press G6 key to record next note.
  14. Repeat steps 12 and 13 for 6 measures.
  15. Use File/Save as, and save the file as "Test.not"
  16. Use File/Song title and authors, and edit all fields to "test".
  17. Click the Piano Roll tab - rectangles show up correctly
  18. Click the Note Velocity tab - vectors show up correctly.
Perhaps it has to do with the note sequence that is entered, unless there is something else different in the way that I've tested this than the way you do things. Since there are often multiple ways to perform some tasks, the problem may be that I am doing the same task but differently than you do it.

If everything else looks the same as the way you do things, please post a copy of the file you were working on when the problem occurs. I'll then try to replicate the exact note entry and see if the problem lies there.

ttfn,
Sherry

ttfn,
Sherry

Last edited by Sherry C; 11-01-2014 at 05:06 PM. Reason: add steps about saving file and changing the title/authors