View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 01:24 AM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello Clyde, Your 'Fill

Hello Clyde,

Your 'Fill my Life with Praise' song book arrived from Lulu about 15 minutes ago. It looks great!

The cover is very attractive. The song book opens up to a title page and second page "notes on these scores" that looks like the beginning of a store-bought song book. And so do all of the songs look like professional engraving-- better than a lot you'll find in music stores.

The binding rings hit some of printed material because of the very narrow margins you chose. That is the only detail that is problematic. The rest looks really good. You even have an alphabetical listing of your songs at the end of the song book.

At the piano I played the first four or five songs. It was a fairly new experience for me to actually play with my own fingers the music of a Composer user rather than listen to it through my computer speakers. It seems much more personal that way, even if my sight-reading might be painful for the composer (you) to hear.

Congratulations on your song book. This is a really nice first of a kind souvenier among my little collection of Notation Software artifacts.

Cheers
-- Mark