View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 12:09 AM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello Michael,

Hello Michael,

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

I want to delete the blank track. I could do so before.
I also want to "hide" duplicate tracks so I'll have only three visible tracks to edit for readibility. When I am done with all this I want it to display this way under Conductor's Score. Otherwise, all this useful display work will be gone when opened with Notation Player.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>Sometime, several months and releases ago, there was a change in how Staff Setup works. In Composer, a "part" displays some subset of all of the staves (or all staves in the case of a conductor's score). The change made several months ago was that you can temporarily hide staves for a part. Composer tried to "retrain" users about this behavior change with the follow message box that comes up when you turn the 'Show' checkmark off for a staff:

I want to delete the blank track. I could do so before.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>There shouldn't be any problem with that. There has been no behavior change. Just do this:

I also want to "hide" duplicate tracks so I'll have only three visible tracks to edit for readibility. When I am done with all this I want it to display this way under Conductor's Score.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>The following is not the way to do it:
Instead, follow these steps:
  1. Choose the Display or Define Part command in the Part menu.
  2. In the left half of the 'Display and Define Part's dialog, change the selection from 'Conductor's Score' to the first Acoustic Grand Piano part. You'll notice that on the first, only the first piano staff is selected. The following screen shot assumes that you've already previously deleted the empty track:
  3. Click the 'Display Part and Exit' dialog box. You'll see just that first piano part displayed. (You might want to use the Split Hands command.)
  4. Save the file as a Notation .not file, not a MIDI file.
Later, when you open this with Notation Player version 2.3, it will display just first piano part rather than the whole conductor's score, because that was the part that was current at the time that you saved the Notation .not file.

Cheers
-- Mark