View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 01:19 AM
Clyde (clyde)

Default Hi, I always marvel at thos

Hi,
I always marvel at those who can actually create and compose music without lots of help, as indeed many who have contributed to this forum can do. I have enjoyed playing their compositions.

I'm in the category of needing all the help I can get, and my skills if any are more in the area of manipulating computer software programs to generate and produce music that I like. Hence, I start with a program such as 'Band in a Box' (BIAB) and get it to do the 'first cut' for me (chords & melody), and then I get in and fiddle/adjust/rearrange etc what it has produced.

I then use Composer to produce a playable score (I find the music score from BIAB too hard for me to play note for note). I use the BIAB rendition to show how it sounds with a small jazz band.

The .NOT file is actually a combination of both my simplified piano score and the BIAB band. The score is shown as a 'piano' Composer part (but muted), and the BIAB band is shown as a 'hidden' part and that is what you hear.

The attached song is typical of my music, simple little tunes, with a jazz/swing flavour for use in Church.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>God so loved
B70_John_3_16-BIAB.not (84.2 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Cheers ... Clyde