View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Fred Winterling (harbor1)

Default Hi Bernie, Thanks for your in

Hi Bernie,
Thanks for your input. You know, I'm 68 years old and in my lifetime I have found only one user manual that tells you exactly how to do everything there is to do informatively. That manual is Mark's Composer User Guide. (Thank you, Mark!). Because of that, ( before Composer ) whenever I would buy anything dealing with instructions, my first act would be to toss the intructions or manual back in the box and "do it myself". Then if I got into serious trouble I would fish the manual back out of the box and try to find the answer. In the case of GPO and JaBB, I read the manual from cover to cover several times. This is what the JaBB manual says in regard to vibrato.
" Vibrato Control: There are 2 controllers that affect vibrato. Aftertouch controls the intensity of the vibrato from no vibrato ( Aftertouch=value of “0” ) to exaggerated vibrato ( Aftertouch= high number value. ) Because both components of the vibrato are independently controllable the user can apply vibrato in a much more flexible and realistic fashion. The speed of the vibrato is controlled using cc17. Note that some keyboards, like those from M-Audio, have no after touch function but can assign cc131 to a programmable slider which, in turn, will send data out to your computer."

That's it!! No mention of how, what, where or when. Searching the forums, the tutorials, the troubleshooting, etc. etc. reveals only that one paragraph, period. Everyone does not have a keyboard containing a mod wheel and the ability to select every controller number available. With all the experts on the Native Instruments Forum, not a single person has considered answering the question, HOW??? I've asked to no avail. If I want vibrato in Composer, all I have to do is enter a note, select the Modulation Wheel and draw a curve. Voila!...Vibrato. A very simple process!

It's looking more and more like I should have just spent the money on a better sound card that allows for loading good sound fonts and forget about GPO. I haven't written a thing since I got it. I am sorry to sound so depressing...but it is. Hopefully, it will get better.

Cheers,
Fred